Wednesday, June 9, 2021 | 5:30 pm
Please join your fellow CPRS Manitoba members as we wrap-up the year that was and look forward to the year ahead.
AGM Agenda 5:30-6:15 pm
- Call to order
- Approval of the minutes of the 2019/2020 CPRS MB Annual General Meeting
- Approval of the financial statements for the year ending April 30, 2021
- Approval of reports of the Board of Directors (2020-21 Annual Report)
- Elections of the 2021/2022 Board of Directors*
- Other business that may come before the meeting
- The positions of President and Vice-President are entering the second year of two-year term
and are therefore not up for election. The position of Past-President is entering the second of a
two-year term and is not an elected position.
While only CPRS members can vote at the AGM, everyone is welcome to attend, so please register and join us at the meeting!
Vote by Proxy
Can’t make our AGM? You may assign your vote for the 2021 CPRS Manitoba AGM to another voting member (proxy) by downloading the 2021 proxy form.
Complete and sign the form — then delivering it one of the following ways:
Emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, June 8, 2021; OR
Mailing to CPRS Manitoba, P.O. Box 441, Stn. Main, Winnipeg, MB R3C 2H6.
Must be received no later than Tuesday, June 8, 2021
(a)Voting on board matters by proxy
Any board member can assign their proxy to another board member by email or in writing, for the purpose of voting on matters at any board meeting.
The board member can assign their proxy for a specific item or items, or they can assign their proxy for all votes to take place at the board meeting.
6:15 – 7:30 pm
We’re hosting a Mind Blizzard!
To work in communications, it helps to have a balance between right-brain and left-brain tendencies. But many of us have had far too much left-brain analytical work lately and not nearly enough right-brain creativity. We’re out to change that with a Mind Blizzard.
After the Annual General Meeting, plan to hang out for some fun. We have an exciting announcement to make then we’ll have everyone put on their creative thinking cap for a little Manitoba-focused brainstorming. Prizes for the most unique or outrageous thinking cap! And feel free to BYOB, whatever it takes to get your creative juices flowing.
Here are a few questions to get you started:
- What are THE quintessential Manitoba venues or locations, from the corner of Portage and Main in any direction up to a 30-minute drive from the Perimeter?
- What activities are undeniably Manitoban?
- If you could choose a tagline for Manitoba communications what would it be?
Join us for a quick bit of CPRS business followed by plenty of laughs and camaraderie with fellow communicators – we’ve earned it!
About CPRS and CPRS Manitoba:
Since 1948, the Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) has been the leading professional organization for communicators across the country. The Manitoba chapter is one of 14 member societies in Canada and nationally, CPRS has a network of more than 1,800 members.
Follow @CPRSManitoba and #cprsmb on Twitter for event information and live tweeting, PR information and news. Please also like us on Facebook at facebook.com/CPRSManitoba and connect with us on LinkedIn.