CPRS Manitoba Annual General Meeting
Notice of the Annual General Meeting of the Canadian Public Relations Society Manitoba
Please join us at CPRS Manitoba’s Annual General Meeting on Thursday, May 26, 2016 from 5:00 to 6:15 p.m. in room P107 at Red River College, 160 Princess Street, Winnipeg. Register for this free event here. Join your fellow CPRS Manitoba members for a wrap-up of the past year’s activities, a preview of the plans for the coming year, and refreshments. The AGM will be followed by an informal networking event at The King’s Head Pub.
- Call to order
- Approval of the minutes of the CPRS MB Annual General Meeting
- Approval of the audited financial statements for the year ending April 30, 2016
- Approval of reports of the Board of Directors (CPRS Manitoba Annual Report 2015-16). Note: A limited number of printed copies of the report will be available at the meeting. Please consider printing your own copy or reading it from your phone or device.
- Elections of the 2016/2017 Board of Directors (see below)
- Other business that may come before the meeting
We will be holding elections for prospective CPRS Manitoba board members for the 2016/2017 fiscal year:
- President – Conor Lloyd (two-year term to end spring 2018)
- Past President – Tamara Bodi (two-year term to end spring 2018)
- Vice-President – Susan Harrison
- Treasurer – David Hultin, APR
- Secretary – Tammy Sawatzky
- Accreditation – David Hultin, APR
- Membership – Chris Albi
- Programming – Samantha Lapedus, Jennifer Pawluk, Arpita Goala
- Communications – Jack Rach, Katrina Sklepowich, Arpita Goala
- Mentorship – Renee Barclay
- Professional Development/Communications – Melissa Matias
The positions of President, Vice-President, and Past-President are entering the first of a two-year term, and are up for election. All other positions are one-year terms and are also up for election.
While only CPRS members can vote at the AGM, everyone is welcome to attend, so please join us at the meeting. Afterwards, we’ll move over to The King’s Head Pub to continue networking, and to enjoy food and drinks!
Voting by Proxy
Can’t make our AGM? You may assign your vote for the 2016 CPRS Manitoba AGM to another voting member (proxy) by downloading the 2016 proxy form. Complete and sign the form — then delivering it one of three ways. By:
- Emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, May 23, 2016;
- Mailing to CPRS Manitoba, P.O. Box 441, Stn. Main, Winnipeg, MB R3C 2H6. Must be received no later than Friday, May 20, 2016, OR;
- Giving your proxy to another member who will physically bring it to the AGM on your behalf.
We hope to see you at our AGM. Below you can find out about CPRS MB nominations and how our elections work, according to our By-Laws.
- Only a Voting Member in good standing shall be eligible for election as an Officer or Director of The Society.
- A call for nominations must be sent to all members of The Society at least forty-five (45) days before the Annual General Meeting.
Nominations by Voting Members
- Nominations for election of Officers or Directors may be made by any Voting Member of the Society in writing provided the nominee is willing to stand for election, and must be submitted to the Nominating Committee at least thirty (30) days prior to the Annual General Meeting.
- Nominations of members as Officers or Directors shall be submitted to the Nominating Committee composed of the Past-President, the Vice-President and President, or any board member who can act their place. The committee’s approved slate of candidates shall be presented to the Secretary at least twenty-five (25) days prior to the date of the Annual General Meeting.
Nomination List Mailing
- The slate of those persons nominated by the Nominating Committee for election as Officers or Directors, plus a copy of Article VIII of these by-laws, shall be mailed or transmitted electronically to all members of the Society at least fourteen (14) days prior to the Annual General Meeting. This mailing or electronic transmission shall also contain a proxy form permitting the voting member to assign his/her vote to an alternate voting member.
- Elections for the Board of Directors will take place at the Annual General Meeting. The vote shall be taken on the entire list as submitted.
Voting by Ballot
- When a number of persons are nominated for the position of an Officer of the Society or the vacant positions of Director, an election shall be held. A ballot shall be prepared by the Secretary containing a list of nominees for each contested position. One copy of the ballot shall be given to each Voting Member in attendance at the Annual General Meeting. At the time prescribed on the agenda, the ballots shall be marked and passed to the committee of three (3) scrutineers (who will be appointed by the Secretary prior to the meeting) for the purpose of tabulation. The scrutineers will include all properly executed votes by proxy when tabulating results.
- The report of the scrutineers shall be made prior to the adjournment of the Annual General Meeting, at a time determined by the President.
Assumption of Office
- The newly-elected Officers and Directors shall be introduced to the Annual General Meeting by the retiring President, at which time the new President, Officers, and Directors shall assume the duties of their offices.