CPRS Manitoba is looking for dedicated and keen public relations and communications professionals to lead our Manitoba chapter from May 2016 to May 2017. Join the CPRS Manitoba board of directors and gain new skills, work alongside other PR professionals, and contribute to the advancement of our profession in Manitoba.
Our chapter provides professional development, networking opportunities, accreditation program support, mentorships, awards and scholarships to members and the community.
Currently, we are in particular need of candidates interested in the following positions: Professional Development, Secretary, Accreditation, Graphic Design and Vice-President.
CPRS Manitoba Board of Directors
For a detailed description of all positions on the CPRS Manitoba board of directors, please click here for the attached document.
The positions are:
- President — Filled until spring 2017
- Past-President – Not an elected position
- Vice-President – Vacant
- Professional Development – Ideally, three members
- Communications Committee – Ideally, three to four members
- Mentorship Committee
Other board roles:
- Student Liaisons (two positions: RRC and U of W. Nominations and elections are run separately and coordinated with the academic year of each institution.)
Most positions will serve one-year terms as members of the CPRS Board of Directors. The president and vice-president each serve two-year terms. Board members must be current members of CPRS in good standing, or join CPRS within 10 days of being elected to the board.
The deadline for nominations for CPRS Manitoba board of directors is Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at midnight CST.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Jason Permanand, CPRS Manitoba Past-President and Chair of the nominating committee, and respond to the following questions:
- CPRS member since*:
- Describe your leadership experience, or other relevant experience
- Which board position most interests you? Please also identify a second position:
- What would you bring to the CPRS Manitoba board in either role?
The nominating committee will review all nominations and based on their evaluation, assemble a slate of candidates for election by the members at the CPRS Manitoba Annual General Meeting on Thurs., May 26, 2016.
* Note that any non-member added to the slate of candidates and elected to the board will be required to join CPRS within 10 business days of the AGM.