The 2015 CPRS Manitoba Nominating Committee is looking for dedicated and keen public relations and communications professionals to lead our Manitoba chapter from May 2015 to May 2016.
Joining the CPRS Manitoba board of directors is an opportunity for you to gain new skills and work alongside other PR professionals, while contributing to the advancement of our profession in Manitoba.
The CPRS Manitoba board is a working team, and as the only Canadian organization dedicated to PR and communications, our Manitoba chapter aims to provide professional development, networking opportunities, accreditation, awards and scholarships to our members and the community.
Currently, we are in particular need of candidates interested in the following positions: Vice-President, Programming and Communications.
CPRS Manitoba Board of Directors
For a detailed description of all positions on the CPRS Manitoba board of directors, please click here for the attached document.
The positions are:
- President — Filled until spring 2016.
- Vice-President (Vacant, needs filling)
- Accredited Public Relations (APR) & Public Relations Knowledge (PRK) Chair
- Membership Chair (up to two co-chairs)
- Programming Lead
- Programming Coordinators (no more than three)
- Communications Lead
- Communications Coordinators (no more than three)
- Mentorship Chair (up to two chairs)
Other board roles:
- Past-President (not an elected role)
- Student Liaisons (two positions: RRC and U of W. Nominations and elections are run separately and coordinated with the academic year of each institution.)
Most positions will serve one-year terms as members of the CPRS Board of Directors. The president and vice-president each serve two-year terms, and will be entering the 2nd year of their respective terms. Board members must be current members of CPRS in good standing, or join CPRS upon election to the board.
The deadline for nominations for CPRS Manitoba board of directors is Friday, April 24, 2015 at midnight CST.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Jason Permanand, CPRS Manitoba Past-President and Chair of the nominating committee, and respond to the following questions:
- CPRS member since:
- Describe your leadership experience, or other relevant experience
- Which board position most interests you? Please also identify a second position:
- What would you bring to the CPRS Manitoba board in either role?
The nominating committee will review all nominations and based on their evaluation, assemble a slate of candidates for election by the members at the CPRS Manitoba Annual General Meeting in May. Date, time and location to be announced.