Notice of the Annual General Meeting of the Canadian Public Relations Society Manitoba
You’re invited to CPRS Manitoba’s Annual General Meeting on Thursday, June 7, 2018 from 5:00 to 6:15 p.m. in room P107 at Red River College, 160 Princess Street, Winnipeg.
Please join your fellow CPRS Manitoba members for a wrap-up of the past year’s activities, a preview of the plans for the coming year, and refreshments. The AGM will be followed by an informal networking event at The King’s Head Pub.
Read the 2017/2018 annual report here.
- Call to order
- Approval of the minutes of the 2016/2017 CPRS MB Annual General Meeting
- Approval of the audited financial statements for the year ending April 30, 2018
- Approval of reports of the Board of Directors (report to follow)
- Elections of the 2018/2019 Board of Directors (slate to follow)
- Other business that may come before the meeting
We will be holding elections for prospective CPRS Manitoba board members for the 2018/2019 fiscal year.
The positions of president, vice-president and past president are all two-year terms and are ending their terms. All other positions are one-year terms. All positions are up for election with the exception of past president, which is not an elected position. See the list of positions here.
While only CPRS members can vote at the AGM, everyone is welcome to attend, so please register and join us at the meeting. Afterwards, we’ll move over to The King’s Head Pub to continue networking, and to enjoy food and drinks!
Vote by Proxy
Can’t make our AGM? You may assign your vote for the 2018 CPRS Manitoba AGM to another voting member (proxy) by downloading the 2018 proxy form. Complete and sign the form — then deliver it one of three ways.
- Emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, June 4, 2018;
- Mailing to CPRS Manitoba, P.O. Box 441, Stn. Main, Winnipeg, MB R3C 2H6. Must be received no later than Monday, June 4, 2018, OR;
- Giving your proxy to another member who will physically bring it to the AGM on your behalf.
(a)Voting on board matters by proxy
Any board member can assign their proxy to another board member by email or in writing, for the purpose of voting on matters at any board meeting.
The board member can assign their proxy for a specific item or items, or they can assign their proxy for all votes to take place at the board meeting.
About CPRS and CPRS Manitoba:
Since 1948, the Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) has been the leading professional organization for communicators across the country. The Manitoba chapter is one of 14 member societies in Canada and nationally, CPRS has a network of more than 1,800 members. Follow @CPRSManitoba and #cprsmb on Twitter for event information and live tweeting, PR information and news. Please also like us on Facebook.