It’s Membership Month at CPRS, and to celebrate, we’re offering new members the chance to win. If you join CPRS in March, you’ll be entered to win a complimentary registration for ENGAGEMENT + IMPACT, CPRS’ 2015 national conference in Montreal, valued at $1525. You’ll also automatically receive a 12 month subscription to PRSA’s Public Relations Tactics newspaper.
Don’t miss out on the best opportunity to keep up with the latest news, trends, and practices, as well as network with like-minded professionals to share strategies and ideas. CPRS is a fantastic community to do this, and more! We offer our members:
- ENGAGEMENT + IMPACT – Members receive special pricing for the annual CPRS National Conference in Montreal this June.
- Local events: CPRS Manitoba offers monthly luncheons on topics like media relations, issues management, social media, and non-profit communications. We also host regular evening mixers at local eateries and watering holes to talk shop with others in the communications and public relations field.
- Online webinars – Six professional development webinars are offered exclusively to members.
- Involvement in local or national boards, committees, special initiatives – Increase networking opportunities, mentor potential APRs, build professional skills, open the door to other key career learning, and more.
- Communiqué – CPRS’ bi-weekly e-newsletter brings you association updates and industry news bi-monthly throughout the year.
- Online Member Directory – Build your network of CPRS members across country.
AWARDS & HONOURS
- 2015 National Awards – Be recognized by your peers for exceptional public relations and communications management campaigns.
- College of Fellows – Members are honoured for their leadership in advancing the state of public relations and serving as role models to fellow practitioners.
- Manitoba Communicator of the Year Award: CPRS Manitoba annually honours individuals and organizations whose work in public relations or communications has had a significant impact in the community.
Members receive discounted pricing on the following:
- Postings on Career File, the CPRS online job board
- PRSA Tactics and Public Relations Strategist
- Errors and Omissions home and auto insurance solutions customized to the PR profession.
- UPS shipping services
ACCREDITATION & EDUCATION
- Accredited in Public Relations (APR): Receive your APR® designation, demonstrating experience and commitment to the public relations profession. Application deadline: December 1, 2015.
- Public Relations Knowledge (PRK) exam: Canada’s first standardized national public relations exam for new entrants to the profession.