Wednesday, June 10, 2020
5:30 pm – 7:15 pm, presented virtually via ZOOM. Register here.
Please join your fellow CPRS Manitoba members as we wrap-up of the year that was, look forward to the year ahead, share some exciting news about our Manitoba Communicator of the Year Awards, and wrap it all up with our last Professional Development event of the season – Communications During A Pandemic: A Virtual Round Table Discussion.
AGM Agenda 5:30-6:15 pm
- Call to order
- Approval of the minutes of the 2018/2019 CPRS MB Annual General Meeting
- Approval of the financial statements for the year ending April 30, 2020
- Approval of reports of the Board of Directors (2019-20 Annual Report)
- Elections of the 2020/2021 Board of Directors (2020-21 CPRS MB Board Slate)*
- Other business that may come before the meeting
* The position of President is entering the first year of two-year term and is therefore not up for election. The position of Past-President is entering the first of a two-year term and is not an elected position.
While only CPRS members can vote at the AGM, everyone is welcome to attend, so please register and join us at the meeting!
Vote by Proxy
Can’t make our AGM? You may assign your vote for the 2020 CPRS Manitoba AGM to another voting member (proxy) by downloading the 2020 proxy form. Complete and sign the form — then delivering it one of the following ways:
- Emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org later than Tuesday, June 9, 2020; OR
- Mailing to CPRS Manitoba, P.O. Box 441, Stn. Main, Winnipeg, MB R3C 2H6. Must be received no later than Tuesday, June 9, 2020
(a)Voting on board matters by proxy
Any board member can assign their proxy to another board member by email or in writing, for the purpose of voting on matters at any board meeting.
The board member can assign their proxy for a specific item or items, or they can assign their proxy for all votes to take place at the board meeting.
A Virtual Round Table Discussion: Communications During A Pandemic 6:15-7:15 pm
Join us after the CPRS Annual General Meeting for a chance to connect with fellow communicators from the comfort of your own home.
We’ll lead a guided discussion with leaders in the Manitoba communications industry. Please come prepared to share your own COVID-19 communications take-ways.
Topics for Discussion
- What was the most surprising thing that happened from a communications perspective that you had to deal with? What caught you off guard?
- What has your experience been dealing with the media during the pandemic? Are you finding it easier or harder to get your stories noticed and picked up?
- How did your organization respond to the pandemic from an internal communications perspective?
- How did your business/organization stay connected with external audiences and stakeholders?
- What does the future hold for your business/organization?
- How has the pandemic changed the way we communicate?
This is a FREE event.
Register in advance online by clicking here
About CPRS and CPRS Manitoba:
Since 1948, the Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) has been the leading professional organization for communicators across the country. The Manitoba chapter is one of 14 member societies in Canada and nationally, CPRS has a network of more than 1,800 members. Follow @CPRSManitoba and #cprsmb on Twitter for event information and live tweeting, PR information and news. Please also like us on Facebook at facebook.com/CPRSManitoba and connect with us on LinkedIn.